Checklist: certificate for submission to authorities abroad
If certificates from the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians concerning a treating doctor’s status are required by an authority abroad in the context of travel abroad, the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians certifies that the doctor issuing the document is registered as a doctor at the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians and is entitled to issue medical documents (for example doctor’s certificates, prescriptions).
For various administrative or official measures or on entering the country, foreign states demand doctor’s certificates, prescriptions or medical reports, which are certified by an official post. In these cases, the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians issues this certificate.
These medical certificates may be demanded by foreign authorities for example, in the context of
- The carriage of medications, especially medications covered by narcotics law,
- Adoption procedure,
- Inheritance matters or
- Other administrative measures.
If the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians has to certify that the issuer of a document is registered as a doctor at the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians and authorised to issue, the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians requests that the following be taken into account:
- The document of the issuing doctor is to be submitted to the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians as an original
- The document is to be provided with the doctor’s signature, the doctor’s stamp and a current date (not older than three months).
- The document is to be submitted to the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians in German. Documents in foreign languages are to be translated into German by a translator.
- According to the current scale of fees, the administrative charge is 10.00 Euros per certificate. (Please enclose the amount in cash with the covering letter. A receipt will be issued.)
- Please address the informal application for a certificate for submission to the authorities abroad to:
- The certificate will be sent by post.
- The processing time is about a week.
- Please give a telephone number for possible inquiries.
Should an apostille be required, this can be obtained from the district government in Düsseldorf.
Bezirksregierung Düsseldorf, Am Bonneshof 35, 40474 Düsseldorf
Opening times: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8.00 – 12.00 a.m.
Contact person at the North Rhine State Chamber of Physicians:
Verena Wirsen, 0211 / 4302 2561, verena.wirsen(at)aekno.de
Heike Goertz, 0211 / 4302 2562, heike.goertz(at)aekno.de
0211 / 4302 2179